Thoughtful gift ideas for your man on valentine’s day
While there are lots of Valentine’s specials out there designed for us ladies, finding the perfect gift for your guy can be a little trickier. We’ve picked out a few of our favorite gifts to treat our dudes to something romantic, thoughtful and practical and will be sure to make him smile. Whether your guy is a whiz in the kitchen, always looking for a new look for his work outfits or is just down to chill with a cold beer, we’ve got a gift on this list that he’s sure to love.
His next Friday (or Valentine’s) night will be more fun with these bar and drink essentials.
• Flask – An essential for drinks on the go, he’ll love to whip out this fun flask at parties.
• Flask Funnel – Perfect for pouring his favorite bottle into his new flask.
• Bar Snacks – From Bee Sting Sriracha Chips to Habanero Jerky Strips, he’ll love an assortment of unique gourmet snacks for when the munchies hit.
• Gift Cards to Local Rock Hill Breweries – If your guy would rather sip on a cold beer than a cocktail, get him gift cards from local breweries like Dust Off, so he can pick up growlers of his favorite brews.
Swanky grooming products will make your man feel like a dapper gentleman.
• Moisturizer – Men get dry skin too–especially in the winter months. A swanky moisturizer will keep his skin soft and smooth, and added SPF will protect his face from sun damage too.
• Shaving Cream – A high quality shaving cream will make razor burn a thing of the past and help him get his closest shave yet.
• Beard Oil – Nourishing conditioner and essential oils will keep his beard looking fresh and shiny while moisturizing the skin underneath.
You always appreciate the instant pizazz that a fun accessory brings to your outfit, so why wouldn’t your guy?
• A Uniquely Designed Tie – A snazzy tie with personality will make dressing up for the office more fun.
• Adjustable Leather Bracelet – A brown leather bracelet will add a classic pop to his outfits from when he’s rolling into work or hanging out with his friends on the weekend.
• Penny Floafer – Recycled foam Penny “Floafers” are fashionable, comfortable and good for the environment. They’re also waterproof so your guy can wear them outside in any weather.
If your guy can’t start his day without a cup of joe, treat him to some coffee-centered treats so he can make his favorite brew at home.
• Brew Better Coffee at Home – This hardcover book will teach your beau about coffee bean basics, brewing methods, and recipes for coffee-themed libations.
• Bags of Coffee Beans or Tea – A bag of gourmet coffee means you can make your man a gourmet cup without leaving the house.
The man who loves to barbecue or whip up dishes in the kitchen can never have too many rubs, sauces and dips.
• A splash of hot sauce will give even the most bland dish a fun twist, and Fort Mill-based Radiation Therapy has sauces that go way beyond anything you could find in a grocery store. Mad Mango hot sauce combines tangy Florida mangos with habanero peppers, and the El Gran Verde combines hickory-roasted poblano and jalapeño peppers for a smoky and more mild flavor. Give him one to keep in the kitchen and another to stick in his work bag for flavor on the go.
• A rub is a great and effortless way to add some unique spice to chicken, fish, steak, tempeh or whatever you’re throwing on the grill. A Black Magic rub will add a mouthwatering Cajun flavor, while a layer of Smoky Honey Habanero Rub brings a blend of heat and sweetness to his favorite meal.
His New Favorite Sweater
Valentine’s day falls on one of the chilliest times of the year, and you can help keep your guy warm with a cozy sweater. A soft, comfortable sweater will be as comfy as his favorite tee, but versatile enough that he can wear it at home with sweats or to the office. This gift is also super romantic–he’ll think of you every time he pulls it on. As an added perk–you can always borrow it too. If your man doesn’t like to bundle up, you can also nab him a cute cotton graphic tee.
If you aren’t quite sure what to get your guy, or if you can’t decide on a single present, let us create a custom Valentines basket filled with an eclectic assortment of treats and surprises. You can choose a variety of items from around the store, or let us pick them out, and we’ll wrap them up into a classy gift basket.
Shop for valentine’s day at the mercantile!
The Mercantile is your local Rock Hill, SC gift shop for Valentine’s Day this year. We have a huge assortment of gifts for men and women that would make anyone feel loved and appreciated.